по дисциплине «Профессиональный иностранный язык»
Выберите правильный вариант ответа (правильные ответы помечены жирным
шрифтом, ответы даны ниже к каждому тесту)
Тест № 1 (there is/are Unit 1, 2)
Choose a correct form.
There ... soup in the fridge. (are many/is much/are much/is many)
... there ... here?( Is / anybody Are / somebody Are / anybody Is / somebody)
There ... a lot of people at yesterday’s meeting. (is/was/are/were)
There ... much food left in the fridge. We should buy some. (aren’t/are/is/isn’t)
Jim, come here! There ... I need to talk to you. (are anything/are something/is anything/is
You didn’t understand me right. I am sure there ... some misunderstanding. (must have
I am planning to redecorate my room. There ... a lot of flowers and toys here. (are/were/will
…..is ... there .. I can do for you? (Are / something Was / anything Will / be Is / anything)
There ... several bedrooms in my previous apartment. (were/was/is/are)
There ... an interesting show tomorrow. (were/will be/was/are)
There ... plenty of fish in that river, when I was young. (are/is/was/were)
A) do B) does C) -
1. you like playing chess?
3. Where she live?
4. Where your parents spend their vacation?
5. What your father do in his spare time?
6. What you think of me?
7. When you clean your teeth?
8. When your father go to work?
9. Why they learn poems by heart?
10. Why your sister go shopping on Saturdays?
11. Who you always walk your dog with?
12. Who his friend like to play chess with?
13. Who knows the way out?
14. Who of you speaks English fluently?
15. What time you get up?
16. What time your sister come back home?
17. How often you go swimming?
18. How often Dan come to the club?
19. How much your trousers cost?
20. How much your sweater cost?
21. Whose parents want to help us?
22. Which of your sisters lives in the country?
23. Which letter comes after "I"?
A) do B) does C) is D) are E) have F) has
1. What subjects _ she good at?
3. _ your mother like cooking?
4. What floor _ your bedroom on?
5. _ your parents in France now?
6. Where _ the nearest book-store?
7. _ your friend have any money?
8. Where _ your uncle work?
9. What sports _ they fond of?
10. What bike _ you got?
11 . What _ the weather like today?
13. _ you like science fiction?
14. What _ your favorite pop group?
15. What bike _ she got?
16. How many apples _ you got?
17. What subject _ you like best?
18. Where _ the capital of your country?
19. _ you know what time it _ ?
20. How far _ _ London from Liverpool?
B) I usually have not lunch at home.
C) I doesn't usually have lunch at home.
D) I usually have lunch at home.
A) My friend don't goes to the cinema a lot.
C) My friend goes to the cinema a lot.
D) My friend doesn't goes to the cinema a lot.
B) Is his father drive a car very fast?
C) Does his father drives a car very fast?
D) Does his father drive a car very fast?
A) Do the shops close at 8 o'clock in the evening?
C) Do the shops closes at 8 o'clock in the evening?
D) Are the shops close at 8 o'clock in the evening?
B) Do you often play basketball?
C) Is you often play basketball?
D) Are you often play basketball?
A) How you often play basketball?
C) How often do you play basketball?
D) How often you play basketball?
B) She not comes home early.
C) She don't come home early.
D) She doesn't come home early.
A) Why doesn't you come to the youth club?
C) Why not you come to the youth club?
D) Why don't you come to the youth club?
B) My brother doesn't never wait for us.
C) My brother don't ever wait for us.
D) My brother does never wait for us.
A) We always go abroad for our holidays.
C) We go always abroad for our holidays.
D) We go abroad always for our holidays.
B) Does Sandra get up early always in the morning?
C) Does Sandra get up always in the morning early?
D) Does Sandra get up always early in the morning?
A) When next year do you start at the university?
C) When do start you at the university next year?
D) When do you start at the university next year?
B) We enjoy the theatre, but we don't very often go there.
C) We enjoy the theatre, but very often we don't go there.
D) We enjoy the theatre, but we don't go there very often.
B) How much for the return ticket does it cost?
C) How much does it cost for the return ticket?
D) How does much it cost for the return ticket?
A) They don't often phone my mother in London.
C) They don't phone my mother in London often.
D) They don't phone my mother often in London.
B) The next train leaves at two fifteen in the morning.
C) The next train at two fifteen in the morning leaves.
D) At two fifteen in the morning the next train leaves.
Lots of children have got a part-time job. As for me I 1_ as a paper boy. I _ 2 _ a paper
round twice a week, so I 3_ at 6.30 on Wednesdays and on Sundays. It 4_ me about an hour.
Sometimes it 5_ me longer on Sundays because the Sunday papers are very heavy. My parents
(often) 6_ me any pocket money, but I need it. The newsagent 7_ me two pounds a weekday and
three pounds on Sundays, so in a week I 8_ five pounds. It 9_ certainly nice to have some money
in your pocket. I 10_ problems with my job, but I 11_ getting up early or going out in the rain.
1. A) work
C) not work
D) not works
2. A) do
D) do not
3. A) get up
C) gets up
D) gets up
C) is take
D) is takes
6. A) do give
C) does give
D) doesn't give
C) doesn't pays
D) don't pay
8. A) get
C) doesn't get
D) don't get
9. A) does
10. A) do have
C) have no
D) has no
11. A) like
C) like not
D) don't like
A) will B) won't C) shall
1. How old you be next birthday?
3. We haven't got any money so we go on holiday this year.
4. you be at home tomorrow? - No, we .
5. It's cold. Put on your coat, or you catch a cold.
6. It's already 5 o'clock. I'm afraid they catch their train.
7. I send the letter immediately?
8. Take some sandwiches. You have time to go to a restaurant there.
9. Who meet you at the station?
10. Your English is good. I'm sure you pass the test.
11. What time I come this evening?
12. If you don't work hard, you pass your test.
13. 1 get the book for you. This take long.
14. The train arrive at the station on time, it?
15. Do sit down, you?
16. Where I go to buy all these things?
17. There be any trouble, there?
18. Finish your homework, or I take you to the zoo.
Will / be going to.
Choose either the Future Simple or be going to in the following sentences.
A) will B) be going to
1. It probably (not to rain) in Western Europe.
2. you (to come) to my house, please?
3. - Why have you got the flowers?
- Because I (to visit) my teacher.
4. The sky is very dark. It (to rain).
6. - Come to the party.
- OK. I (to bring) my friend.
6. - I (to walk) the dog.
- Wait a minute, and I (to come) with you.
7. I probably never (to learn) this poem.
8. I (to stop) smoking - I really will.
9. - Have you decided what to buy Alex for his birthday?
- Yes, I (to buy) a computer game.
10. I love sewing. I (to be) a fashion designer.
11. - How about going for a picnic at weekend?
- That's a good idea. I (to make) a cake.
12. - What presents do you think people (to give) you next Christmas?
- I think my father (to give) me a book. Perhaps somebody (to give) me perfume. I don't think
anybody (to give) me a car.
13. What fashion (to be) like in the year 20do?
- I'm sure people (not to wear) long dresses and suits. Clothes (to be) comfortable and simple.
14. Next century (to begin) on the 1st of January 2001.
15. How long it (to take) you to do the work?
16. John, you (to do) me a favour?
17. Look at that tree. It (to fall) down.
Put the verbs in brackets into the Present Simple or Future Simple.
A) Future Simple B) Present Simple
1. If I (to be free) tomorrow night, I (to go) to the concert.
2. He says he (to look in) to see us before he (to leave) our town.
3. Jane (to stay) at home until she (to feel) better.
4. When you (to visit) your grandma? - Probably next year.
5. When my brother (to finish) school he (to go) to college.
6. I (to tell) you as soon as I (to know).
7. I'd like to know when Dan (to be back).
8. Give my love to Laura if you (to see) her.
9. I (not to know) when she (to take) her exam.
10. I don't think we (to finish) our work in time unless you (to help) us.
11. I (to give ) you my bike for tomorrow providing you (to bring) it back the day after
12. Mothers says we (to have dinner) after she (to unpack) our things.
13. Don't get off the train until it (to stop).
14. You may take this book so long as you (not to keep) it too long.
15. Your boss (to give) you the day off on condition that you (to work) on Saturday morning.
16. Provided that they (not to do) anything stupid, they (to win) tonight's match easily.
17. Unless he (to arrive) soon, we (to have to) go without him.
18. I (to wonder) if they .__ (to follow) our advice.
8. Was I were. Put in was or were.
A) was B) were
Last night I had a strange dream. I 1 in the world where all the colours 2 different. The grass 3
6 a child again, eight years old, and I _ . . . 7 lost. But I 8 not frightened. In front of me there 9 a
long street, stretching away as far as I could see. There 10 no people, but all around me I heard
the noise of big insects. It Ц neither cold nor hot. I walked until I came to a church. In the church
there 12 hundreds of people, all looking at me. They started to come towards me, slowly at first,
then faster and faster. Then I woke up.
Choose the correct variant of the question.
Bill was at home last night. He cleaned his clothes. First he put them in the washer. Next he
he did it himself.
1. A) Did Bill at home last night?
C) Did Bill be at home last night?
D) Was Bill at home last night?
2. A) Who did be at home last night?
C) Who did at home last night?
D) Who did was at home last night?
3. A) When did Bill at home?
C) When was Bill at home?
D) When did Bill be at home?
4. A) Who cleaned clothes last night?
C) Who was cleaned clothes last night?
7. A) Where he put them?
B) Where was he put them?
C) Where he was put them?
D) Where did he put them?
8. A) Why he placed them in the dryer?
C) Why was he placed them in the dryer?
D) Why did he placed them in the dryer?
9. A) Was he folded them after that?
C) Did he fold them after that?
D) Was he fold them after that?
10. A) Was Bill proud?
C) Was Bill did proud?
D) Who did clean clothes last night?
5. A) When Bill cleaned his clothes?
C) When was Bill cleaned his clothes?
D) When did Bill clean his clothes?
6. A) What he did first?
C) What was he did first?
D) What did he do first?
D)Did Bill proud?
11. A) Why he was proud?
B) Why did he proud?
C) Why was he proud?
D) Why he proud?
10. Present / Past.
People used to get water mostly from streams, lakes and rivers. Then cities started
Sometimes it didn't rain for a long time. Then the rivers had very little water left. People learned
water for these dry times. They built places in which to store water. They called these places
Reservoirs hold water until people in cities need it. Large pipes carry water from reservoirs to the
city. People also get water from wells. Years ago, people lifted water out of wells in buckets.
This was hard work and took a long time. Now they pump the water up. The pump makes it
easier for people to get
water where they want it.
1. Where people use to get water from?
3. Why the rivers have very little water left?
4. What people learn to do for the dry times?
5. What people build to store water?
6. How long reservoirs hold water?
7. What places people call reservoirs?
8. What reservoirs for?
9. How people lift water out of wells years ago?
10. you think, it hard work?
11. How long it take them to lift water out of wells years ago?
12. What the way to get water now?
13. What they do to lift water out of wells now?
14. the pump make it easier to get water where they want?
11. Regular / irregular verbs. Which of the verbs are regular ones? Write in the correct
form of each verb in the Past Simple.
R) regular verb I) irregular verb
On the 15-th of October, two men 1 (to try) to get to the top of Everest. They 2 (to make)
camp on the mountain. The night before the climb, they 5 (to drink) tea and had supper. They 6
(to discuss) what to take with them to the top. They 7 _ (to decide) to leave their sleeping bags
and tents behind because the equipment 8 (to be) too heavy. Early in the morning they ___9___
(to have) breakfast and 10 (to get) dressed. Then they 11 (to start) to go up the mountain. It 12
(to be) extremely difficult. The snow 13 (to be) very deep After a long, hard fight they 14 (to
reach) the top together. They 15 (to laugh), 16 (to shout) and 17 (to take) some photographs.
Then the sun 18 (to disappear) and the two men 19 (to realize) they 20 (to be) on the top of
Everest and it 21 (to be) almost night. Their camp 22 (to be) too far to reach. They 23 (to go) a
little way down the mountain, but there 24 (to be) no moon and it 25 (to be) too dangerous. They
26 (to have) to spend the night on the mountain, at about 10,000 meters, with no tent, sleeping
bags or food. They 27 (to believe) it 28 (to be) possible. They 29 (to dig) a hole in the snow, and
30 (to bury) themselves. They 31 (not to sleep). It 32 (to be) -30 °C. When the light 33 (to come)
at last they 34 (to begin) climbing down, and soon they 35 (to get) to their camp. Everybody 36
(to be) happy.
12. Used to I be (get) used to.
Choose the correct sentence.
1. A) My grandma often used to sitting outside the door of his house.
B) My grandma often used to sit outside the door of his house.
2. A) Did you use to playing football at school?
3. A) I'm sure you'll get used to living in the country. It's so nice here.
4. A) I didn't use to liking reading reference books, but now I'm getting interested in it.
5. A) He always used to teasing his sister.
6. A) We aren't use to cold weather.
7. A) I've watched TV every night recently. I never used to doing it before.
8. A) They aren't used to hard working.
9. A) It's difficult to understand Scottish people if you're not use to their accent.
10. A) I'm not used to playing tennis so long.
11. A) People used to thinking that the earth was flat.
12. A) As far as I know, you used to smoking a pipe, aren't you?
13. A) When I was younger I was used to swimming long distances, but now I'm out of practice.
B) When I was younger I was used to swim long distances, but now I'm out of practice.
14. A) There used to being a castle before the Romans came.
15. A) David can't get used to studying regularly.
16. A) She used to dancing every night, but now she is taking English.
17. A) Are you used to sleeping late at weekends?