11. Выразите согласие/несогласие со следующими утверждениями, используя cледующие речевые модели. Model: a) I fully agree with the statement. b) I am afraid, I can’t agree with it. 1. Not everything we do is governed by some set of rules.
2. We need rules that everyone must obey.
3. Laws against criminal conduct don’t help to safeguard our personal property and our lives.
4. In a well-ordered society conflicts never arise.
5. It is impossible to resolve disputes peacefully.
6. If individual’s rights are respected it means that we live in a safe and peaceful society.
7. Totalitarian governments have cruel and arbitrary laws.
8. Strong-arm tactics may provide a great deal of order ensuring the society operates in an orderly
9. Laws should be applied to every person in the society.
10. The only goal of the law is fairness.
12. Замените русские слова в скобках английскими эквивалентами. The aim of (права) is to regulate the conduct of human beings in society. The aim of
(правовой) theory is (рассмотреть) the nature, origin and classification of law. The theory of natural
law is based on the belief that there is a set of perfect (юридических норм) for human conduct and
(законы) devised by men must be induced by these rules. (Закон) is a term which is used in many
different senses. To (юриста) law has a far narrower meaning – the principle recognized and applied
by the state in (суде). The English (правовая система) has still been copied by many nations.
(Судебный процесс) becomes the center of a contest between both parties in which one emerges as
the winner. By the time of (судебного разбирательства) each (сторона дела) should gain as much
information as possible.