Variant-5 “Solid forms of drugs” 1. Complete the sentence: A lot of drugs manufactured by ____ _____.
A) Health care industry
B) Scientific industry
C) Recreation industry
D) Technical industry
E) Pharmaceutical industry
2. Choose the proper variant of words: A solid state of drugs greatly differ in __, __, __.
A) shape, size, color B) weight, color, height
C) temperature, shape, volume D) size, shape, temperature
E) volume, weight, shape
3. Put the proper variant of words: Examples of solid state drugs are __, __, ____.
A) powders, aqua, tablets
B) lozenges, oil, pills
C) capsules, globules, tablets
D) alcohol, pills, aqua
E) tablets, powders, sand
4. Complete the sentence: Solid medicinal forms are mainly administered ____.
A) electromagnetically B) externally C) internally
D) chemically E) thermotically
5. Find the right answer: What is lozenge?
A) a disc or flat square tablet
B) a small gelatinous container
C) a large medicated tablet
D) a solid substance in the dry state
E) a medicinal substance put up in a pellet
6. Put the right statement: Tablets are _______.
A) substances that convenient for swallowing
B) a small cylindrical container with medicates
C) sweetened powder in the dry state
D) compressed solid mass of medicated material
E) solid medicinal forms with large size
7. Complete the sentence: Examples of dry state powders are ___, ___.
A) powders, pills
B) head-ache and ascorbic acid powders
C) lozenge, tablets
D) granules, globules
E) capsule, pills
8. Put the right statement: A capsule is __________.
A) a small cylindrical/spherical gelatinous container
B) a large medicated/sweetened round-shaped substance
C) a finely ground and formed from solid state
D) a solid substance in the dry state
E) substance greatly differ in size, color, shape
9. Complete the sentence: A __ is a medicinal substance put up in a pellet, convenient for swallowing whole.
A) tablet B)capsule C)powder D)pill E)globules
10. Find the right answer: What is powder?
A) comminuted mass of free particles formed from solid substance
B) small cylindrical container
C) substance that convenient for swallowing
D) compressed solid mass
E) flat square substance
11. Find the right answer: How are powders translated?
A) гранулы B) таблетки C) порошки D) смеси E) настои
12. Choose the proper variant: What is capsules?
A) compressed solid dosage
B) solid dosage forms containing therapeutic ingredients
C) soft solid dosage forms containing therapeutic active ingredients
D) solid dosage forms in which the drug formulation in a powder
E) combination of miscible liquid, or a simple liquid formulation is enclosed in a shell
13. Put the right statement: Disadvantages of solid dosage form:
A) expensive machines
B) more stable than other dosage forms.
C) not preservation required
D) more accurate of the dosage form.
E) more stable than other dosage forms
14. Choose the proper variant: What is not a solid form of drugs?
A) Pellets B) Tablets C) Powders D) Solution E) Lozenges
15. Find the right answer: How are tablets used?
A) Orally B) Externally C) By friction D) With injection
E) For cosmetic purposes
16. Find the right answer: What are granules in russian?
A) гранулы B) таблетки c) порошки d)смеси e)настои
17. Find the right answer: What problems can arise during the treatment with tablets?
not effective than powders
hard to swallow
did not give side effects
convenient for kids
18. Put the right statement: Advantages of solid dosage form:
Tough to swallow for kids and patients in sleeping condition.
not accurate of the dosage form.
More stable than other dosage forms
19. Complete the sentence: _____ are solid dosage forms made up of agglomeration of smaller particles of powders.
A) Pellets B) Tablets C) Powders D) Granules E) Lozenges
20. Find the right answer: What information is not correct?
A) Capsules are solid dosage forms where the therapeutic active ingredient granules are enclosed within a hard or soft soluble shell.
B) Sachets are solid dosage forms containing therapeutic ingredients. Small size spherical granules packed into a small bag or pouch packet.
C) Tablets are soft solid dosage forms containing therapeutic active ingredients and excipients.
D) Coloring agents are used to giving an attractive outlook for the patients.
E) The role of binders or binding agent is to make the plasticity in the tablet formulation.