V. Прослушайте и прочитайте следующие шутки. Назовите глаголы в Past Perfect и переведите их на русский язык. инсценируйте шутки. 1) Mark Twain once said, “when I was a boy of 14, my father was so ignorant
that I could hardly stand to have the old man around. But when I got to be 21, I
was astonished at how much the old man had learned in seven years.”
2) Two men had talked for a time in the park.
“Are you going to Milberry’s lecture today?” аsked one of them.
“Yes”, answered the other.
“don’t go, for I heard that he is a bad speaker”.
“I must go, I’m Milberry”, said the other.
VI. Прочитайте текст, употребите глаголы в скобках в Past Simple или Past Perfect. Перескажите текст и обсудите его идею. the Farmer and his Sons There was once an old, dying farmer who had worked hard in his vineyard
all his life. Before he (to die) he wanted to teach his three sons how to be good
farmers. So he (to call) them to him and said, “My boys, before I die I want you
to know that there is a great treasure buried in the vineyard. Promise me that you
will look for it when I am dead.”
The sons (to promise) and as soon as their father (to die), they began looking
for the treasure. They (to work) very hard in the hot sun and all the time as they
were working they wondered what their father (to leave) for them. In their minds
they (to picture) boxes of gold coins, diamond necklaces and other such things.
Soon they (to dig) up every inch of the vineyard. But they (to find) not a single
penny. They were very upset. They (to feel) that all their hard work (to be) for
nothing. But then the grapes started to appear on the vines and their grapes were
the biggest and best in the neighbourhood, and they (to sell) them for a lot of
money. Now they understood what their father (to mean) by the great treasure,
and they lived happily and wealthily ever after. The moral of this story is: Hard
work brings its own reward.
бУдУщее ЗАвеРшеННое вРеМя (FUTUre PerFeCT)
I. Переведите предложения на русский язык, объясните употребление Future Perfect. 1. we will have left by the time you arrive. 2.They will have repaired their car
by next Monday. 3. The decorator will have painted the room when you come.
4. I’ll already have done the work by the time you come back. 5. I still won’t
have finished reading the book by 4 o’clock. 6. we will have left by now. 7. will
you have written the essay by tomorrow? 8. we’ll have arranged everything
by that time. 9. She will have found the necessary information by Friday.
10. They will have returned from england by June. 11. He won’t have woken up by
12 o’clock. 12. will this book have been published by September?
II.Составьте предложения, употребите глаголы в Future Simple и Future Perfect. Переведите предложения на русский язык. О б р а з е ц: we will discuss the plan at 10 o’clock.
we will have discussed the plan by 10 o’clock.
The concert will finish
at 6 o’ clock
by 6 o’clock
on July 1
by July 1
The committee will make a
at the end of the
by the end of the month
I hope the rain will stop
in the evening
by the evening
Ann will do the translation
by the next week
Mike will write an essay
My parents will have dinner
when I come
by the time I come home
III. Употребите глаголы в скобках в Future Perfect. 1. By the end of the next month I (to pass) all the exams. 2. By the time you
come I (to go) to Moscow. 3. The students (not to do) the computer presentation
by the end of the next week. 4. Mike (to do) his homework by 6 o’clock in the
afternoon. 5. Ann (to make) a costume by her birthday. 6. The concert (to finish)
by 5 p.m. 7.we (to discuss) this article by next Monday. 8. They (to pack) their
suitcases, when the taxi arrives. 9. By the end of this year I (to learn) english
very well. 10. If you come at 10 o’clock, the concert (to finish). 11. The train
(to leave) by the time you come to the station. 12. The Browns (to buy) a new
cottage by May next year.
IV. Употребите глаголы в скобках в Future Simple, Future Continuous или Future Perfect. 1. I (to write) an essay tomorrow. 2. I (to write) an essay at 5 o’clock tomorrow.
3. I (to write) an essay by 6 o’clock tomorrow. 4. They (to buy) a new car next
month. 5. They (to buy) a new car by the next month. 6. They (to buy) a new
car from 10–11 o’clock tomorrow. 7. what you (to do) at 8 o’clock tomorrow?
8. what you (to do) by 8 o’clock tomorrow? 9. what you (to do) tomorrow?
10. How many pages you (to read) by 3 o’clock tomorrow? 11. I (not to go) to the
disco tomorrow, I (to prepare) for my test in Math. 12. don’t come to my place
tomorrow, I (to write) a report all day long. 13. I’m sure they (to marry) soon.
They love each other. 14. The students (to pass) all the exams by the end of the
month. 15. By the time you (to finish) cooking, they (to do) their work. 16. Jane
(not to do) the translation of this text by tomorrow morning.
V. Переведите предложения на английский язык. 1. я напишу доклад к завтрашнему дню. 2. Мы сделаем эту работу к
3 часам завтрашнего дня. 3. К 15 июня студенты сдадут все экзамены.
4. Строители построят школу к 1 сентября следующего года. 5. Туристы
достигнут деревни только к 7 часам вечера. 6. Когда вы придете в театр,
спектакль уже начнется. 7. поезд уже уйдет к тому времени, как мы придем
на станцию. 8. Когда родители вернутся домой, я уже выучу все уроки.
9. вы уже обсудите новости, когда я приду? 10. я еще не закончу читать эту
книгу к концу недели. 11. Они уже купят новую машину к Новому году?
12. Ты вернешься домой к 8 часам вечера? 13. я не сделаю перевод этой
статьи к завтрашнему дню. 14. Эта книга не появится в магазинах к концу
VI. Переведите предложения на английский язык, употребите времена группы Perfect: Present, Past, Future Perfect. 1. Мы уже закончили эту работу. 2. Мы закончили эту работу к концу
прошлого месяца. 3. Мы закончим эту работу к концу следующего месяца.
4. Наш коллега уже нашел новую работу. 5. Наш коллега нашел новую ра-
боту к концу прошлого месяца. 6. К концу этого года наш коллега найдет
новую работу. 7. Они уже переехали на новую квартиру. 8. К концу прошло-
го года они переехали на новую квартиру. 9. К концу следующего года они
переедут на новую квартиру. 10. Мой брат уже купил новый компьютер.
11. Мой брат купил новый компьютер к концу прошлой недели. 12. К концу
этой недели мой брат купит новый компьютер. 13. я уже сделала перевод
статьи. 14. К девяти часам вечера я уже сделала перевод статьи. 15. я сде-
лаю перевод статьи к девяти часам вечера. 16. я еще не сделала перевод
VII. Прочитайте текст, употребите глаголы в скобках в Future Simple или Future Perfect. The scientists are sure that by the year of 2020 people (to find) life on the
other planets. They (to begin) to build plants and factories in space and they
(to work and live) there. different machines (to perform) most of the work
which people do today. Automatization (to solve) completely the problem of
unemployment and (to give) people more time to enjoy themselves.
Mankind (to begin) to learn new sciences and by 2020 the computers (to
replace) the teachers everywhere. The scientists (to find) new sources of energy
and people (to use) them more efficiently.
Food problem (to solve) finally and there (not to be) famine on the planet.
People (not to suffer) from hunger and draught any more.
All nations and all countries (to live) in peace. All nuclear and chemical
weapon (to destroy) by that year and mankind (not to be afraid of) the war.
test 10 1. the population of this country … enormously over the past 50 years. A. had risen
C. has risen
B. have risen
d. has been risen
2. I think this is the most wonderful present I ... . A. have ever got
C. has ever got
B. had ever got
d. ever got
3. their family ... to a new flat recently. A. moved
C. had moved
B. has moved
d. will have moved
4. he apologised that he ... her. A. hasn’t phoned
C. not phoned
B. didn’t phone
d. hadn’t phoned
5. Mrs. brown said that she ... everthing for dinner. A. had bought
C. will have bought
d. has bought
6. hardly I ... to bed when the telephone rang. A. go
C. had gone
B. have gone
7. Why are you looking so upset ? – I ... my purse. A. have lost
C. had lost
d. will have lost
8. I’m sure you ... all the problems by the time I call. A. will have solved
C. had solved
B. have solved
d. will solve
9. the sun ..., it got dark and we went home. A. set
C. was set
B. had set
d. has set
10. the workers say that they ... this bridge by January 2013. A. build
C.will have built
B. will build
d. have build
11. Don’t call me. I … for oxford by noon. A. will have left
C. had left
B. have left
12. have you finished the translation yet ? – No, I ... it by 10 o’clock tomorrow. A. have finished
C. will have finished
B. will finished
13. I ... my e-mail today yet. A. haven’t checked
C. not checked
B. didn’t check
d. haven’t check
14. ... the seven wonders of the ancient world? A. have you saw
C. had you seen
B. did you see
d. have you seen
15. When I came to the shop, I realised that I ... money at home. A. left
C. had left
B. have left
d. was left
16. You must ... ill. Your voice is hoarse and the temperature is high. A. have fall
C. be fallen
B. have fallen
d. have been fallen
17. I’m not sure that they ... this work by the end of the week. A. will do
C. will have done
B. had done
d. have done
18. the students ... their testing by 2 p.m. yesterday. A. had passed
C. will have passed
d. have passed
19. hallo Peter! I … you for ages. A. didn’t see
C. don’t see
B. haven’t seen
d. hadn’t seen
20. Mr. And Mrs. Kay have been married for 20 years already,…? A. didn’t they
C. haven’t they
B. have they
d. don’t they
ЗАвеРшеННо-дЛиТеЛьНые вРеМеНА (THe PerFeCT CoNTINUoUS TeNSeS)
I. Переведите предложения на русский язык и объясните употребление Perfect Continuous. 1. Ann and Mary have been talking over the phone for an hour already. 2. Mr.
and Mrs. Black have been looking for a flat for 2 weeks already. 3. The scientists
have been working at this problem for several years already. 4. It has been
snowing since morning. 5. How long have you been learning French? – Since
15 years old. 6. Martin has been playing chess since childhood. 7. Tom had been
watching TV for three hours, when his mother came home 8. My father had been
smoking for 20 years, when he suddenly gave it up. 9. The boys had been playing
football for half an hour, when the rain began. 10. The tourists had been walking
for five hours, when they saw a village. 11. My brother will have been serving
in the army for half a year, when I enter the Institute. 12. Mr. Newman will have
been working in Paris for five months already, when I come to visit him.
II. измените предложения согласно образцу. Образец: They moved to London in 1997.
It’s 2008, so they have been living in London for 11 years already.
1. Mary started speaking over the phone at 10 o’clock. It’s 10.20 now, so she
(to speak) for ... .
2. John and Paul agreed to meet at 7. It’s 7.10, so Paul (to wait) for John
3. The scientist began his research two years ago, so he (to work) at the
problem for . . . years.
4. The friends began talking at 9 o’clock. Now It’s 11 o’clock, so they (to
5. Alice is 10 minutes late, so her friend Jack (to wait) for her for ... .
6. The boys began playing football at 6 o’clock. It’s 9 o’clock now, so they
(to play) for . . .
7. Mother told her son to do homework at 3 o’clock. It’s 5 o’clock already.
The boy (to do) nothing all this time.
8. It began raining at 9 o’clock in the morning. It’s 12 o’clock. It (to rain)
III. Употребите глаголы в скобках в Present Perfect или Present Perfect Continuous. 1. It rains (for 3 days). 2. Jack lives in Boston (since he was born). 3. Mr.
Black smokes (since 20). 4. The students pass three tests (already). 5. I don’t
do my homework (yet). 6. Tom and Paul are working at this plant (for 2 years).
7. we learn english (since the 5 form). 8. They are waiting for us (for half an
hour). 9. Her husband is collecting paintings (since they married). 10. Mr. wright
trains this football team (for half a year). 11. Jane cooks exotic dish (just).
12. Mr. and Mrs. Milton move to a new flat (recently).13. Nick is learning driving
(this year). 14. Julia is driving a car (since last year).
IV. Задайте вопросы к предложениям, начиная их со слов how long и when. О б р а з е ц : The boys are playing football.
how long have they been playing football?
When did they begin playing football?
1. Margaret is learning Spanish. 2. Tom and Nora are married. 3. It is raining.
4. Tom’s father is a policeman. 5. Her brother studies at college. 6. diana teaches
english in Spain. 7. I know denis. 8. They are speaking on the telephone.
9. John works at the factory. 10. Mr. Clark trains a football team. 11. Agatha
Hardy writes novels. 12. The workers are building a new bridge.
V. Переведите предложения на английский язык. 1. Миссис Хант работает секретарем уже пять лет. 2. дети играют в фут-
бол с девяти часов. 3. Они разговаривали по телефону десять минут, ког-
да он вошел. 4. я изучаю английский язык с 5 класса. 5. Мы ждали такси
двадцать минут, когда зазвонил телефон. 6. Молли живет в этом городе с
детства. 7. дождь идет с самого утра. 8. Этот человек стоит на автобусной
остановке уже два часа. 9. Ее муж коллекционировал картины десять лет,
когда они поженились. 10. Он будет тренировать команду уже два года, ког-
да я вернусь из армии. 11. вы давно знаете дэвида брауна? – С детства.
12. я ищу вас повсюду. что вы делали все это время? 13. вы давно здесь
работаете? – Около трех лет. 14. Они будут жить в Канаде уже полгода, ког-
да к ним приедут родители. 15. Когда мы прибудем в лондон, джон будет
ехать на машине пять часов. 16. Как давно он уже занимается спортом?
VI. Прослушайте и прочитайте следующие шутки. Назовите глаголы в Present Perfect Continuous. инсценируйте шутки.
1) V i s i t o r: waiter! I’ve been waiting here nearly for half an hour.
w a i t e r: oh, sir. I’ve been waiting here nearly for 10 years.
2) V i s i t o r: waiter! Look here! I’ve just found a button in my soup.
w a i t e r: oh, thank you, sir. I’ve been looking for it all the morning.
VII. Прочитайте текст и ответьте на вопрoсы. Young vicar passes driving test after 632 lessons over 17 years.
VICAr Peter Newman is celebrating success – he has finally passed his
driving test. He has been learning to drive for the past 17 years, and he has had
a total of 632 lessons.
Peter, 34, has spent over Ј9,000 on tuition, he has had eight different
instructors, and he has crashed his car five times. Then, one week ago he changed
to an automatic car – and he passed his test immediately. He said last night: “I
have been praying for a driving-licence for over half my life, and at last my
prayers have been answered.”
Peter, of St Andrew’s Church, repton in Nottinghamshire, began driving at
the age of 17. “It was in the country”, he said, “and I was doing quite well until
one morning, in a narrow lane, I saw a tractor coming towards me. I panicked
and drove into a ten-foot hedge.”
Peter said, “My big problem was confusing the clutch and the brake. I was
absolutely hopeless. My instructors have told me for years that I would never
pass, but I was determined to prove them wrong. Many of them have turned grey
because of me!”
The turning-point came when Peter tried an automatic, and took his test again
– for the fifty-sixth time. He said, “when I was told I’d passed, I went down on
my knees and thanked God.”
So how he has been celebrating? “I have been visiting all my relatives and
people who live in the remote villages around here. I have not seen some of them
for years because I wasn’t able to get to them. Now I can go anywhere!”
1. why is Peter celebrating?
2. How long has he been learning to drive?
3. what helped him to pass the test?
4. what was his big problem with driving?
5. what has happened to his instructors?
6. How has he been celebrating?
test 11 1. by two o’clock the student will … a test translation for three hours.
A. be making
B. have been making
d. have made
2. What are you doing ? – I’m fixing my car. I ... for two hours already.
A. have been fixing
C. have fixing
B. am fixing
d. was fixing
3. I’ll call for a doctor. Ann ... weaker and weaker since she had break- fast. A. had been feeling
C. has been feeling
B. has been felt
d. is feeling
4. hurry up! I’m waiting for you. You ... a bath for an hour already. A. are having
C. had been having
B. have been having
d. are being
5. Where are the children ? – they ... since they came home. A. has been drawing
С. have drawing
. have drawing
B. have been drawing
d. be drawing
6. I visited turkey in May. I ... at a nice hotel for a fortnight. A. had been staying
C. was staying
B. have been staying
d. have stayed
7. they ... along the forest road for two hours when they saw a house. A. had been walking
C. have been walking
B. were walking
8. Mrs. brown ... in brazil for five weeks when we visit her next year. A. has been working
C. have worked
B. will have been working
d. will work
9. how is the weather today? – It ... since yesterday.
A. had been raining
B. has been raining
d. is raining
10. how long ... english? – For half a year. A. have you learning
C. do you learn
B. have you been learning
d. you learn
11. the scientists ... at this problem for several years already. A. had been working
C. have been working
B. have worked
12. My father ... for 10 years when he suddenly gave it up. A. had been smoking
C. was smoking
B. has been smoking
13. Prof. Smith ... in oxford University since 2000. A. has taught
C. had been teaching
B. will have taught
d. has been teaching
14. how long ... in this wonderful place? A. they have been living
C. do they live
B. are they living
d. have they been living
15. My friend .... on the ship for ten years by next year. A. will have been serving
C. had been serving
B. was serving
d. will have been served
16. Mr. harrison ... to drive a car for five years already. A. is learning
C. will have learned
B. had been learning
d. has been learning
17. her husband ... coins for twenty years when they married. A. has been collecting
C. had been collecting
B. had collect
d. will have collecting
18. how long ... the Greens’ family? A. have you been knowing
C. you have known
B. do you know
d. have you known
19. Where does bill work? – he ... unemployed since February. A. has been
C. will have been
B. had been
d. is being
20. I ... him all my life. A. will have been loving
C. had loved
B. have been loving
d. have loved
ПовТоРеНие видовРеМеННых фоРМ ГЛАГоЛА (THe reVISIoN oF TeNSeS)
I. Переведите предложения на русский язык. А) Present tenses. 1. Sandra has been teaching Spanish for three years already. 2. It takes me
usually two or three hours to do my homework. 3. Hello, John. I haven’t seen
you for ages. where have you been? 4. Look! The leaves are falling from the
trees. 5. what are you cooking? – It’s a secret. I’m trying a new recipe. 6. I’ve
already drunk three cups of tea. 7. don’t you have spare time at all? 8. we’ve
raised this question many times, but haven’t discussed it yet. 9. Laura has been
buying lots of new things since she got married. 10. why have you bought so
much food today?