1. His mother died when he was young, and his
grandmother (raised) him.
2. What course do you plan to (undertake) in college?
3. "(Wait a moment)! I I am on the phone."
4. John is (very much interested in) sculpture as a hobby.
5. Did you (discuss) your plan with your friends?
X. Переведите текст. Дайте ответы на заданные вопросы.
Christmas Day is a public holiday. Families usually spend the day opening their
baubles, fairy lights, etc. They eat and drink together. The most important meal is
Christmas dinner. At the start of the meal, British people often pull a cracker,
which contains a small toy, a paper bat, and a joke. The typical meal consists of
turkey with potatoes and other vegetables such as carrots and sprouts. In Britain
this is followed by Christmas pudding — a sweet pudding containing a lot of dried
fruit and often covered with burning brandy Other traditional foods in Britain
include Christmas cake — a cake containing a lot of dried fruit and usually having
a covering of icing (hard sugar) made to be eaten at Christmas, and mince pies.
Christmas season (the time when people prepare for and celebrate Christmas, from
mid-December to the end of the year).
In Britain, the day after Christmas is called Boxing Day and is also a public
holiday. A lot of sports take place on Boxing Day and many people now spend
time watching sport on television. In the US many stores hold special sales, where
things can be bought cheaply, on the day after Christmas. Twelve days after
Christmas is the time when people are supposed to take down their decorations and
remove their Christmas trees.
Answer the questions.
- When is Christmas Day?
- When do they do it?
- Where do children put their stockings when they go to bed?
- Who comes at night?
Поставьте глаголы в Past Perfect
Dad wasn’t at home when I came back. He (go) out twenty minutes before.
I wasn’t hungry because I (just/have) breakfast.
Peter saw an urgent message on his table. Somebody(leave) it the day
He told me that he ( come back) a fortnight before.
I knew him at once though I meet) him many years before .
We spent the nigh in Klin , a town we (often/hear of) but (never/see).
They couldn’t believe he (give up) his job in the bank .He (make ) a good
Где вы были в 11 часов?
Мы будем готовиться к экзаменам?
Вы знаете, что вы будете делать вечером?
Они ждали меня?
Вы ведь путешествовали в это время в прошлом году, да?
Мэри тоже пригласить на обед?
Как часто здесь идут дожди?
IV. Переведите на английский язык.
1. Комната 15
2. Тридцать пятое упражнение
3. 8 марта, 1756 года
4. 3.8 процента
5. 1 5/6 процента
V. Вместо точек вставьте необходимый предлог. Переведите.
1. Tom doesn’t see his parents very often these days –
usually only …Christmas.
2. I’ve been invited to a wedding …February 14.
3. Ann works hard during the week, so she likes to relax
4. I get up ... seven o'clock.
5. ... last month my aunt did not work.
6. By the end ... lesson I had not finished the translation.
7. We went home ... bus.
8. I read about the accident. There was a story…the front
page of the newspaper.
9. Yesterday Mary wrote a funny story ... her pet.
10. An old gentleman was walking … the street when he
6. He could have bought a new car,...?
7. Play you football did?
8. ...does Bill get up in the morning?
9. ... do they go to every week?
10. Do you live in Astana, ...?
VII. Раскройте скобки, употребляя требующуюся форму
прилагательного или наречия. Переведите.
1. The Alps are (high) than the Urals.
2. It's (bad) mistake he has ever made.
3. Asia is (large) than Australia.
4. This book is (interesting) of all I have read this year.
5. She speaks Italian (good) than English.
6. I could not arrive (early) as I was not allowed to drive faster.
7. I come home (late) on Mondays.
8. You should listen to the teacher (attentively).
9. He brought me some magazines the kind I liked … (well).
10. I’m … (much) pleased to see you.
VIII. Вставьте as ... as или so ... as. Переведите предложения.
1. He is .. tired ... you.
2. The tram system is not ... reliable ... it used to be.
3. You can eat ... much ... you like.
4. A football match is not ... exciting ... a hockey match.
5. It is ... warm today... it was yesterday.
6. Лучше поздно, чем никогда.
7. Эта работа такая же интересная, как и твоя.
8. Он самый внимательный студент в нашей группе.
9. Этот компьютер не такой дорогой, как я думал.
1. Everything is right. (Continue), please!
2. What are you (seeking)?
3. Helen said that she was going to mail the letter (immediately).
4. I was (confused), when teacher asked me the question.
5. Are you going to (reconcile) with your wife?
Переведите текст. Дайте ответ на заданный вопрос.
Julius Caesar came to Britain in 54 BC. A hundred years later the Romans
When the Romans came to Britain, they found it a land of forest and swamp.
In order to move their troops rapidly, they made roads. Camps for soldiers were
constructed at road junction. These sites of old Roman camps became centers of
trade. Their houses and roads, castles and theatres can steel be seen.
There are many examples of Roman influence, it is evident in names of towns
ending with: -caster, -chister, because “castrum” in latin denoted a fort, and
“castra” – a camp. The Romans were fond of warm water bath, and the city of
bath owes its origin to the possession of naturally warmed spring.
The Romans didn’t need carpets – they had central heating under the floors
of their houses. So they decorated their floors with mosaic of a dancing girls was
found in a Roman villa in Susses.
One of the oldest buildings of the Roman period is the lighthouse, or Pharos,
When the Romans had departed the English swept over the country and
destroyed almost all the civilization which Rome had established. The Anglo-
Saxons disliked living in towns. They lived in small agricultural villages, and in
houses mainly built of wood.
In the 11
century England was invaded by the Normans. This was the fifth
and the language of Britain.
When King Edward the Confessor of England died, he had no sons, and the
Anglo-Saxon Earl, Harold was chosen to the throne. William, the Duke of
Normandy who was a distant relative of the late king also claimed the English
throne. In 1066 he began to gather an army to invade Britain. At the end of
September William’s army set up a camp at Hastings. He promised land to all who
would support him and many Englishmen joined his army. Wiliam also asked the
Roman Pope for his support promising to strengthen his power over England. And
the Pope gave his support.
The battle between the Romans and the Anglo-Saxons took place on the 11
bodyguard, and were poorly armed.
The battle lasted all day. The English fought hard but by late afternoon the
Normans were winning. Harold’s two brothers died fighting and then Harold was
killed. The battle ended, the English forces withdrew. William became King of
England, and because he conquered England he is called William the Conquerror.
The Norman invaders brought with them Norman architecture, and the
Norman-French language, which over the year mixed with Anglo-Saxon to form
the modern English language.
Question: Where was the battle between Anglo-Saxons and Romans?
Раскройте скобки в нужном времени: Present/Past/Future Simple,
Present/Past/Future Continuous или Present/Past/Future Perfect.
1. The train (to leave) every morning at 8
2. When the phone rang, she (to write) a
3. You ( not / swim) now.
4. I (to wait) for you when your bus arrives.
5. The rain (not / to stop) yet.
6. I (not / tosee) a play yesterday.
7. While I (to write) the email, the computer
suddenly went off.
8. I (to send) you the information when I get
9. You (to grow) since the last time I saw
1. Mother puts the (children) toys in their
2. Whose toys are these? They are ...
3. The favourite subject of Susan is
4. What is (the number) house?
5. These are not the (boys) rooms, they are
1. Where is ... book? — .. book is on ... shelf.
2. I attend ... English classes in ... evening.
3. ... Pacific Ocean is very deep.
4. ... Caucasus separates ... Black Sea from ...
5. I usually go to university by … bus.
V. Вместо точек вставьте возвратно-усилительные местоимения.
2. They couldn’t take a taxi and carried their
3. She looked at … in the mirror and was
4. He is very selfish. He only thinks of ….
5. Take care of …!
VI. Переведите предложения, обращая внимание на перевод
1. The new power stations are more
powerful than the old ones.
2. One cannot read technical texts without
3. Due to the friends’ help one can do any
4. This story is more interesting than that
5. My TV set is old, I must buy a new
VII. Вставьте much, many, little, few, a little или a few. Переведите.
1. Does your sister read ...?-- Yes, she does.
2. I'd like to say ... words about my journey.
3. Walk quicker, please. We have very ... time.
4. There was ... water in the river, and they
decided to cross it.
5. Shall I bring ... more chalk? — No, thank
1. I am hungry. I want … bread and …
2. They have … money and can buy …
3. Are there … new houses in your
4. There is … at home now.
5. We can see … under the tree in the
1. …friend’s wife knows English well.
2. The children asked …sister to take … to
3. We saw … at the theatre. …children
were with ….
4. Belov’s friends asked … about … work.
5. The teacher answered all … questions.
1. It all began in June 1954 when the first atomic power station in the world was
put into operation and the people of Obninsk were the first in the world to warm
their morning tea and coffee with "atomic electricity". Today Russia has
considerable experience in building nuclear power plants and is conducting more
research in this field.
2. Now the power industry is taking the next step: apart from conventional nuclear
stations producing only electricity, we are also building stations which produce
both electricity and heat for houses and industry. Up to 40% of fuel resources in
our country are used by thermal electric plants and boiler-houses to supply houses
and enterprises with heat and hot water. That is why development and application
if nuclear heat sources are so important.
I. Переведите на английский
Почему вы не знаете этих слов? К сожалению, я не смог повторить их
пожалуйста, я не расслышал его.
Разве ваша дочь не ходит в школу? – Нет, она слишком маленькая.
III. Вставьте модальные глаголы или их эквиваленты. Переведите.
1. She ... speak French very well.
2. ... they to help you with your
3. You ... to revise this rule again.
4. Everybody ... keep traffic rules.
5. You look pale. You ... go to the
IV. Вставьте артикль, где необходимо.
1. Where are ... flowers? — ... flowers
are in ...beautiful vase.
2. I have ... dinner with my ... family.
3. ... Urals are not very high.
4. Gogol was born in ... Ukraine in
5. I like to sit on ... sofa and read ...
1. It’s cold. Close the door behind ….
2. The play … was interesting, but the acting
on my desk.
4. She made this nice dress ….
5. It was dark and we couldn’t see anything in
front of ….
VI. Переведите предложения, обращая внимание на перевод
1. This exercise is more difficult than the
one we did yesterday.
2. I don’t like yellow flowers, I want to
have some red ones.
3. One can learn several foreign language.
4. My pen is bad; give me another one,
5. One must keep traffic rules.
VII. Вставьте much, many, little, few, a little или a few. Переведите.
1. Does your sister read ...?-- Oh, she doesn't. He has so
... books, but he reads very... .
2. After the play everybody felt ... tired.
3. Have you got I... ink in your pen?
4. I am sorry to say, l have read very ... books by
5. When we walked ... farther down the road, we met
another group of students.
VIII. Вместо скобок вставьте нужную форму Participle I. Переведите.
1. We need devices (to increase) the accuracy of
2. I see a lot of students (to stand) at the time-table.
3. (to enter) the room, she turned on the light.
4. (to look) through the results of the experiments,
the engineer has found some mistakes in
5. We accelerated the work (to use) some
1. I will take the magazines and read …
2. This is Mary, and this is … brother.
3. Take … little sister to the circus!
4. Give … … book, please.
5. Phone … when you come home.
X. Переведите текст. Дайте ответ на заданный вопрос.
The Kazakh meat
Cook 4 or 5 kg. of mutton or beef or horse meat in enough boiling water.
It should be boiled on low fire for 1, 5 or 2 hours. Mean while prepare a dough of
250 gr. Flour, an egg, 1/8 salt and water. Take the prepared dough and roll it until
it is about 1 mm thick. Cut into 10 cm squares. Set aside. 30 minutes before meat is
done, add 5-6 large peeled potatoes. Remove meat from the broth and cut into
small pieces. Then remove potatoes and gather about 200 gm of broth –for
seasoning. Gently place the dough in broth and cook. When it is ready, cover a big
plate with cooked noodles, pile meat in the center and arrange sliced potatoes
around its edges. Over the dish pour broth seasoned with black pepper and slice
onions (2-3 pieces). Serve at once.
Cut beef or mutton heart, kidneys, liver, lungs. Place them in separate containers.
Peel an onion and 5-6 potatoes and cut them into 1x1 cm blocks. In a kazan (deep
frying pan) melt 50-80 grams of fat, add lungs and fry 5 to 7 minutes. Then add
heart, kidneys and meat. In 20 minutes add onion, liver and potatoes and fry
stirring until pieces are evenly done. Add salt and pepper to taste. Serve