Раскройте скобки в нужном времени: Present/Past/Future Simple,
Present/Past/Future Continuous или Present/Past/Future Perfect.
1. The train (to leave) every morning at 8
2. When the phone rang, she (to write) a
3. You ( not / swim) now.
4. I (to wait) for you when your bus arrives.
5. The rain (not / to stop) yet.
6. I (not / tosee) a play yesterday.
III. Напишите словами количественные числительные и от них
1. комната 10
2. пятнадцатое упражнение
3. 19 марта 2007 года
4. 2 4/5 дюйма
5. 0.105 метра
1. Are you going to the beach... the weekend?
2. My parents got married ...the 1960s.
3. I usually buy a newspaper ... my way to work in
4. Ann's going to see the doctor ... Tuesday morning.
5. ...the summer, my brother and I play tennis.
6. Children are playing ... the house.
7. The man the police are looking for has a scar…his
8. Are there any plants ... your bedroom?
9. All the family are sitting ...the sofa and talking.
10. You can sit ... the table. Lunch is ready.
VI. Составьте предложения, правильно расположив слова. Составьте
или дополните разделительные и специальные вопросы.
1. London/you/have/ to/been/ever
3. You/when/give up/did/smoking
5. Married/they/got/ago/a month
6. What can I for you do?
7. ... do the Robinson live?
8. They are going home from school, ...?
9. Where you do live?
10. ... do you like best?
1. Which building is (high) in your city?
2. This garden is (beautiful) in my town.
3. The Arctic Ocean is (cold) than Indian
4. It is (bad) weather I have ever seen.
5. Spanish is (easy) than German.
6. Computers work (well) if you restart them.
7. I hope you'll try to study (hard) in future.
8. Sarah walked (slow) than Ben.
9. She did the job the (badly) of all.
10. Tom did his grammar exercises (carefully)
of all of us.
VIII. Вставьте as ... as или so ... as. Переведите предложения.
1. The hotel is not ... cheap ... we expected.
2. My dog is ... friendly ... yours.
3. English is ... difficult ... German.
4. Johnny is not ... rich ... Don.
5. My article is not ... long .... your article.
6. Темза такая же красивая как Нева.
7. Он был самым старшим в семье.
8. В прошлом году август был таким же жарким, как июнь.
9. Новый кинотеатр больше, чем старый.
10. Он не такой же сильный, как его брат.
IX. Замените фразы в скобках, фразовыми глаголами. Переведите.
1. His mother died when he was young, and his
grandmother (raised) him.
2. What course do you plan to (undertake) in college?
3. "(Wait a moment)! I I am on the phone."
4. John is (very much interested in) sculpture as a hobby.
5. Did you (discuss) your plan with your friends?
X. Переведите текст. Дайте ответы на заданные вопросы.
presents which are often piled around the Christmas tree decorated with tinsel,
baubles, fairy lights, etc. They eat and drink together. The most important meal is
Christmas dinner. At the start of the meal, British people often pull a cracker,
which contains a small toy, a paper bat, and a joke. The typical meal consists of
turkey with potatoes and other vegetables such as carrots and sprouts. In Britain
this is followed by Christmas pudding — a sweet pudding containing a lot of dried
fruit and often covered with burning brandy Other traditional foods in Britain
include Christmas cake — a cake containing a lot of dried fruit and usually having
a covering of icing (hard sugar) made to be eaten at Christmas, and mince pies.
Americans bake special biscuits called Christmas cookies which they eat over the
Christmas season (the time when people prepare for and celebrate Christmas, from
mid-December to the end of the year).
In Britain, the day after Christmas is called Boxing Day and is also a public
holiday. A lot of sports take place on Boxing Day and many people now spend
time watching sport on television. In the US many stores hold special sales, where
things can be bought cheaply, on the day after Christmas. Twelve days after
Christmas is the time when people are supposed to take down their decorations and
remove their Christmas trees.
Answer the questions.
- When is Christmas Day?
- When do they do it?
- Where do children put their stockings when they go to bed?
- Who comes at night?