протокол №______ от «____» _____________
председатель Дзуева А. Х. _______________
«Активизация познавательной деятельности студентов в
ходе выполнения ими индивидуальных, групповых и
коллективных видов работы на уроке с учетом
реализации модульно-компетентностного подхода»
The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland is situated on the British Isles.
The UK consists of 4 countriesWales_and_Northern_Ireland.'>: England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland. The United
Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland is the official name of the state which is situated in
the British Isles. It is washed by the Atlantic Ocean in the north, the North Sea in the east, the
English Channel and the Straits of Dover in the south. The United Kingdom of Great Britain and
Northern Ireland consists of four countries which are England, Scotland, Wales and Northern
England is 48 mil. people. The largest cities are Manchester, Liverpool, Birmingham, Nottingham,
The famous river Thames is situated in London
The national emblem of England is red rose. The
Scotland is the second part of the UK. The population of Scotland is 5,3 mil. people. The largest
cities are Glasgow, Aberdeen, Dundee. People who live in Scotland are called the Scottish or Scots.
They speak Scottish and English. The biggest rivers are Clyde and Spay. There are a lot of beautiful
lakes in Scotland. The greatest mountain are Ben Nevis. The national emblem of Scotland is a thistle.
The national flag is a blue field with white diagonal crossed stripes on it. It’s Saint Andrew’s Cross.
about 2,8 mil. people. The largest cities are Swansea, New Port. The biggest river is Usk and the
biggest lake is Wirnwel. One of the biggest mountain is Snowdon. The national symbol is a yellow
daffodil. The national flag is white and green with a red dragon on it.
Northern Ireland is the fourth country in the UK. The population is about 1,5 mil. people.
The capital of the Northern Ireland is Belfast. The largest cities are Ulster and Dublin. The biggest
rivers are Shannon, Bun. Northern Ireland is a land of lakes and rivers. People who live in Ireland are
the Irish. They speak Irish and English. The national flag of Ireland represents a diagonal red cross on
a white field. It’s Saint Patrick’s Cross. The national symbol is a green shamrock.
Britain is a constitutional monarchy. The monarch, at the moment Queen Elizabeth 11, is the
Head of State.
the UK, meets different people and visits schools, hospitals and other special places.
Her face is on
The real power lies in the hands of the Prime Minister and the British Parliament. The
British Parliament has two houses: the House of Lords and the House of Commons. The Houses of
Lords doesn’t have much power but it is very important as it can offer and change laws, it can delay
laws too. The House of Commons makes laws about the policy, taxes and many other things.
Great Britain Великобритания
The British Isles Британские
The United Kingdom Соединенное
The Atlantic Ocean Атлантический
The North Sea Северное море
Northern Ireland Северная
The Head of State глава государства
Bank notes деньги
The House of Commons Палата общин
The House of Lords Палата лордов
Choose the right answer:
Выберите правильный вариант:
1. The UK is the shortened word of
a) the United Kingdom, b) the United
c) The United Kingdom of Great Britain,
d) the United States of America.
2. The United Kingdom of Great Britain
and Northern Ireland consists of……..
a) England, Ireland, Wales, Scotland, b)
Great Britain, Wales, Northern Ireland,
Scotland, c) Scotland, Wales, Northern
Ireland, England, d) Wales, Scotland,
Northern Ireland, the United Kingdom.
3. What is the capital of Scotland?
a) London, b) Edinburg, c) Cardiff, d)
5. Cardiff is the capital of…..
a) Scotland, b) England, c) Northern
Ireland, d) Wales.
6. Belfast is the capital of ……
a) England, b) Wales, c) Scotland, d)
7. What is the official language in Great
a) French, b) English, c) Russian, d)
●the Prime Minister,
1. Britain is a ……………………..
2. The British Parliament has two houses:…………..
3. The Head of State is…………………..
4. The House of Commons …………………..
5. The real power lies in the hands of …………….
1. Moscow is the capital of the UK.
2. London is the biggest city of the UK.
3. The official name of the country is Great Britain.
4. The Atlantic Ocean washes the UK
5. The population of Great Britain is100 million
6. People who live in Britain are the Scots.
7. The real power lies in the hands of the Queen.
8. The capital of Great Britain is London.
The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland is situated on the British
The UK consists of 4 countries: England, Scotland………………….
2. The capital of Scotland;
6. One of the largest islands of the British Isles;
7. One of the three parts of Great Britain;
9. The largest city of Great Britain;
10. One of the 3 parts of Great Britain;
11. One of the Symbol of Great Britain.
1 The highest mountain in Great Britain;
3. The longest river in Great Britain;
4. Official head of Great Britain
5. Official language is spoken in Great Britain;
6. The capital of Northern Ireland;
8. The capital of Wales.
1b, 2c, 3b, 4c, 5d, 6d, 7b.
1. Britain is a constitutional monarchy
2. The British Parliament has two houses: the House of Lords and the House of Commons
3. The Head of State is Queen Elizabeth II
4. The House of Commons makes laws about the policy, taxes
5. The real power lies in the hands of the Prime Minister.
England, London, English, English, red rose.
Scotland, Edinburgh, Scots, Scottish, a thistle.
Wales, Cardiff, Welsh, Welsh, a yellow daffodil.
Northern Ireland, Belfast, Irish, Irish, shamrock.
2. Edinbergh 1. BenNevis
6. Britain 3. Severn
7. Scotland 4.Queen
9. London 5. English
10. Wales 6. Belfast