Задание 2. Дополните предложения нужными по смыслу словами. 1. back 2. leg 3. ear 4. lips 5. eyebrow 6. finger 7. eye 8. head 9. forehead 10. chest 11. foot 12. Teeth 13. moustache 14. neck 15. waist 16. heel 17. eyelashes 18. toe 19. nails 20. tongue 21.bearc 22. hair 23. thum 24. knee 1. The principal parts of the human body are the …, the…, and the… . The upper extremities are …, the lower extremities are ….
2. The head consists of two parts: the … which contains the brain, and the … which consists of the forehead, the eyes, the nose, the mouth with the lips, the cheeks, the ears, and the chin.
3. The mouth has two lips: an upper lip and a lower lip. In the mouth there are gums with …, a tongue and a palate.
4. The head is connected with the trunk by the …. The upper part of the trunk is the … and the lower part is the ….
5. Each arm consists of the upper arm, the forearm, the …, the…, and the hand. We have five fingers on each hand: a …, an index finger, a middle finger, a ring finger, and a … finger. The lower extremity (the leg) consists of the …, the knee, the calf, the…, and the foot. The fingers of feet are called… .
Задание 4. Read the text and make exercises. SYSTEMS OF THE BODY
There are several main systems of the body: the skeletal, the muscular, the nervous, the digestive, the respiratory, the urinary, the endocrine and the reproductive systems.
The skeletal system consists of the bones of the body and ligaments and cartilages, which join them. The chief function of the skeletal system is structural.
The muscular system consists of the skeletal muscles and their associated structures. The main function of this system is to move us about.
The nervous system consists of the brain and spinal cord, nerves, ganglia and receptors. It is a complex information system with all the necessary means for receiving, processing and communicating information.
The circulatory system consists of the heart and blood vessels and the blood, which is pumped through the blood vessels by the heart. Its function is mainly that of transportation system: the nutrients, oxygen, special substances which are required by cells are carried by the blood stream; and the cellular wastes and sometimes other materials produced by the cells are carried away by the blood stream.
The digestive system consists of the alimentary canal and a number of associated glands.
The respiratory system consists of the lungs, the air passages leading to them and associated structures. Its main function is to convey oxygen to the lungs, where it can enter the blood stream and to remove carbon dioxide, which escapes from the blood into the lung spaces.
The urinary system consists of the kidneys which produce urine by removing nitrogenous and other wastes from the blood: the two ureters, which convey the urine away from the kidneys; the urinary bladder, where the urine is stored until it is discharged; and the urethra through which the urine is discharged.
The endocrine system consists of a number of glands throughout the body, which produce regulatory substances called hormones. The endocrine system serves to regulate a large number of activities
NOTES 1. To move us about – осуществлять наше движение
2. For receiving, processing and communicating information – для
получения обработки и передачи информации
3. Which are required by cells – которые необходимы клеткам
4 .by removing nitrogenous and other wastes – путем выведения
азотосодержащих и других продуктов отхода
5. where urine is stored – где накапливается моча